Traineeship: legal and department-related features
The traineeship is a period of “working training” in a professional/productive body/company in line with the study plan of students, which allow them to test and enhance their knowledge: it is an important element of the professional training and the specialization contents, as well as a support to future professional choices. The traineeships:
- Are ruled by the Italian Law n° 196/1997 and the subsequent Ministerial Decree n° 142/1998;
- It can only be started after an agreement is signed between the University and the hosting structure;
- It is based on a training plan;
- It is unpaid;
- It is not a working agreement/contract;
- It can last between few weeks and up to 12 months;
- It is supervised by a university tutor and a company tutor, who support the students and are their guarantors.
Department-related features for Curriculum traineeship
- The number of residual credits must be lower than 60 – exceptions are decided upon and approved by the Academic Council;
- The traineeship period cannot overlap the scheduled courses;
- Students may indicate a tutor among:
- Professor/researcher of the Department of Engineering;
- Professor/researcher of other Departments (if motivated);
- Full professors or associate professors of the Department of Engineering
If required by the student, a university tutor can be appointed by the relevant office.
- At the end of the traineeship students must draft a final report;
- If the final evaluation of the two tutors is positive, the CV traineeship is recorded and recognized in terms of ECTS; the number of credits is ruled by the individual regulations of the study plans.